Laurel Road Parent PLUS Loan Refinancing Review
Laurel Road, a division of Darien Rowayton Bank (DRB), is a leading private student lender based in Connecticut that operates in all 50 states. Laurel Road offers student loan refinancing, Parent PLUS Loan refinancing, and new MBA loans.
Laurel Road Parent PLUS Loan Refinance Overview
|Fixed Rate:||3.50% - 5.15%|
|Variable Rate:||2.99% - 4.20%|
|Minimum Loan Amount:||$5,000|
|Maximum Loan Amount:||None|
|Minimum Loan Term:||5 years|
|Maximum Loan Term:||20 years|
*Fixed and variable rates are based on APRs and include an ACH AutoPay interest rate reduction of 0.25%.
|Citizenship/Residency:||U.S. citizen or permanent resident (including your co-signer, if any)|
|Employment/Income:||Currently employed (or written job offer) and have sufficient income to cover debt and other life expenses|
|Eligible Schools:||Debt is from a Title IV accredited school or degree program|
Loan eligibility depends on a number of additional factors, including your credit profile, income, and total debt payments. For applicants who are currently medical or dental residents, your rate will also depend on whether you have secured employment for after residency.
|MBA||Law||Doctors & Dental & Healthcare||Residents & Fellows|
|Engineering / Computer Science||PhD & Masters||Undergraduate||Parent Loans|
- Current loan information/documents
- Proof of income and employment (e.g., recent pay stubs)
- Diploma or transcript
- Lemonade Tip: A Parent PLUS Loan can be refinanced in the parent’s or child’s name, with or without a co-signer.
- Lemonade Tip: A parent who took out a Parent PLUS Loan for his or her child can refinance as long as the child is working and has completed a bachelor’s or graduate degree.
- Lemonade Tip: Laurel Road, at its discretion, offers full or partial forbearance of payments for one or more 3-month time periods (not to exceed 12 months in the aggregate during the term of your loan).
Applying is super easy – get your new rate within 2 minutes
*Checking your rate will not affect your credit score.
The Best Lenders To Refinance and Consolidate Parent PLUS Loans in 2017
Want to save money on your Parent PLUS Loans? These lenders represent our top Parent PLUS Loan refinancing picks for 2017, and may be able to help you save thousands of dollars on your Parent PLUS Loan by offering lower interest rates and lower monthly payments. That’s real money back in your pocket.
Learn your new Parent PLUS Loan interest rate in a matter of minutes.